Skip to content
Search Results For: baking recipes
Easy Bake Lasagna
Easy Bake Lasagna
By: Peter Cooper via Cookpad.com
Ingredients of Easy Bake Lasagna:
- 2 boxes oven ready lasagna
- 67 oz jar Prego Italian sauce
- 16 oz container small curd cottage cheese
- 15 oz container low fat ricotta cheese
- 16 oz mozzarella cheese
- 16 oz Bob Evans zesty hot pork sausage
- 8 oz water
- 2 tbsp italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp granulated garlic
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
Method for "Easy Bake Lasagna":
- Brown sausage in a pan until thoroughly cooked through. Break up the ground pieces as small as you can.
- Pour an amount of sauce into the sausage pan as indicated. Mix the sauce with the sausage in the pan well.
- Add dry spices, sugar, and salt to the jar, then fill it to the top with water and shake well.
- Set oven to bake at 350 degrees. Lightly grease 9x13 pan with cooking spray or thin olive oil coat. Lay the first layer of noodle as shown. Make sure noodles lay flat by removing one of the edges at overlap if necessary. Stacking the ridges of noodles on top of each other may make it difficult to fit all the ingredients.
- Spread half of the sausage and added sauce, then spread a light amount of sauce. Each layer should have a little more than the previous. Use a spoon to direct the poor and deflect splashing. Make sure the sauce covers all the way to the edges.
- Add another layer of noodles in the opposite direction.
- Spread about half of the ricotta cheese over the noodles after mixing well in the container.
- Spread slightly more sauce than the previous layer using the described technique.
- Add another layer of noodles in the opposite direction. Spread about half of the cottage cheese over the noodles after mixing well in the container.
- Spread slightly more sauce than the previous layer.
- Add another layer of noodles in the opposite direction. Spread the other half of the sausage and sauce mix. Then spread a decent amount of sauce.
- Add another layer of noodles in the opposite direction. Then spread a generous amount of sauce. At this point nearly all the sauce should be used. Any remaining sauce can be used for dipping or otherwise.
- Tightly cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 1 hour.
- Using a toothpick, check the doneness of the noodles in the center of the pan. If it goes in hard place back in the oven for another 5 minutes, then check again.
- Remove the foil and set aside. Add approximately 8 to 12 oz of mozzarellah cheese on top, then place back into the oven for a few minutes until the cheese has melted. Remove then let stand for a few minutes to cool.