Skip to content
Search Results For: couscous recipe
Spicy Couscous Salad With Indian Tadka
Spicy Couscous Salad with Indian Tadka
By: Bethica Das via Cookpad.com
Ingredients of Spicy Couscous Salad with Indian Tadka:
- 1/2 cup Couscous
- 1 cup assorted Bell Peppers, sliced
- to taste salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp. red chili flakes
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1-2 dry red chilies, broken
- 1/2 tsp. mustard seeds
- 1 tsp. urad dal (split black gram)
- pinch asafoetida
- 1-2 sprigs curry leaves
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- coriander leaves to garnish (opt)
Method for "Spicy Couscous Salad with Indian Tadka":
- Add 3/4 cup hot water to the couscous. Cover and keep aside for 10 minutes. Then fluff it with a fork.
- In a bowl, add the couscous, sliced bell peppers, salt, pepper powder, red chili flakes and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Heat oil in a pan and temper with the mustard seeds and dry red chilies. After it stops spluttering, add the asafoetida, urad dal and curry leaves. Saute till the dal changes colour.
- Pour this tempering on the prepared couscous salad. Serve, garnished with coriander leaves.