Skip to content
Search Results For: couscous recipe
By: Dapoer-Indonesia @ us via Cookpad.com
Ingredients of COUSCOUS SALAD:
- 135 gr couscous
- 190 gr sweet corn kernels, boiled briefly and then drain
- 150 gr red beans, boiled until tender and then drain
- 375 ml vegetable broth
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 50 gr onion, chopped
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper chopped
- to taste Salt and pepper
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 5 stalks celery, chopped
- 50 gr almonds, roasted/oven and roughly chopped
- 30 gr red paprika/morrÃ³n, cut into cubes
- 30 gr green paprika/morrÃ³n, cut into cubes
- 1 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
Method for "COUSCOUS SALAD":
- Heat a little (1 tsp) oil over medium heat, then stir onion and garlic until lightly browned.
- Add couscous and vegetable broth. Season with cumin, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce heat. Simmer until couscous is tender and broth is absorbed. Add corn and beans, toss to mix evenly and cook briefly then set aside.
- Heat a little oil and saute paprika until slightly browned, add a little salt and pepper. Turn off the heat, add honey and lemon juice. Mix well, set aside.
- Serve couscous with almonds and a sprinkling of celery, add sautÃ©ed papricc on the side.