Skip to content
Search Results For: diabetic recipes
Diabetes-friendly Chili Con Carne
Diabetes-friendly Chili con Carne
By: maherwoma via Cookpad.com
Ingredients of Diabetes-friendly Chili con Carne:
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 cup Onion, chopped
- 1 clove Garlic, crushed
- 3 cup Cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 cup Celery, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Sweet green pepper, chopped (optional)
- 1 can Tomato sauce, (7.5oz / 213mL)
- 1 can Diced tomatoes, undrained (28oz / 796mL)
- 1 can Kidney beans, drained & rinsed (19oz / 540mL)
- 1 tbsp Chili powder
- 1 tsp Dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp Hot pepper sauce (optional)
Method for "Diabetes-friendly Chili con Carne":
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef. Drain and discard fat.
- Add onion and garlic, cook for 5 mins.
- Add remaining ingredients. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally for 45 mins or until vegetables are tender.