Skip to content
Search Results For: diabetic recipes
SHEREE'S CHERRY BARS ... Diabetic
SHEREE'S CHERRY BARS ... diabetic
By: MsKipper via Cookpad.com
Ingredients of SHEREE'S CHERRY BARS ... diabetic:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cup splenda, for cooking (can use regular sugar)
- 3 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 medium eggs
- 1 tsp REAL vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 2 can of fruit pie filling, i like cherry.. look for sugar free and add a little splenda
- 1 **** if u arent trying to make it sugar free... use regular sugar and regular pie filling
- 1 cup confectionerary sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 3 tbsp milk
Method for "SHEREE'S CHERRY BARS ... diabetic":
- **** baking dish should measure 15x10x1....
- preheat oven to.350Â°
- in a large bowl cream sugar, butter, & salt...add eggs one at a time and mix in thoroughly .. beat in extract. gradually add flour.
- ............add 3 cups BATTER into the baking dish ... spread out. spread pie filling on top of batter..
- drop remaining batter on pie filling. like dumplings... bake for 30-35 minutes... should be golden brown. cool on wire rack completely...
- FOR GLAZE
- in bowl mix powdered sugar, extract, and milk .. you may not need all the milk add a little at a time... until its a consistency you like ...
- drizzle over bars...
- I was INSPIRED by the magazine SIMPLY DELISCIOUS