Skip to content
Search Results For: mexican cooking
Smoked Pork Tacos
Smoked pork tacos
By: Joe Thorstensen via Cookpad.com
Ingredients of Smoked pork tacos:
- 1 can black beans well drained
- 1 cup finely diced tomato
- 2 finely chopped jalapeÃ±os
- 2 tbsp cilantro
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 diced avacado
- 1/4 tsp salt
- pork rub
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic
- black pepper
- 1 lb pork chops, loins or steaks
- 2 large handfuls of smoaking wood. soaked for at least 1/2 hr before cooking
Method for "Smoked pork tacos":
- Mix all the salsa ingredients together in a bowl, cover and set aside at room temperature for about an hour
- Mix the rub together, use a little olive oil and coat the pork. Let it sit for about 1/2 hr
- Set up your grill, if its gas its easy leave one burner off. If its charcoal once the coals are lit you want to set up a 2 zone fire. Basically push all the coals to one side so you have direct and indirect heat. Add your first round of wood chips at this time. Preheat the grill for 15 minutes
- Cook the pork on the indirect heat part of the grill, high heat should be 450-500 degrees . Add wood chips as needed, turning the pork once untill your internal temperature is 145. Should be about 20 min but use a thermometer to be sure. Remove from the grill and let cool enough to touch.
- Shred the pork. Put the shredded pork and the salsa in a disposable, or grill safe pan mix well.
- Put the pan back on the indirect heat for about 15 min or until completely warm.
- If youd like you can use this time to kiss your tortillas with flame. Brush a little olive oil and put thatvside down for about a minute. No need to turn. They're awesome like that.
- Top with your favorite taco toppings and enjoy.