Skip to content
Search Results For: popular recipe
By: Christina via Cookpad.com
Ingredients of Rice-ah-Roni:
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup orzo pasta (or broken up spaghetti would be fine)
- 1 cup long grain white rice (I use Jasmine rice)
- 3 cups unsalted chicken broth
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper, garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp. paprika, dry mustard, cayenne pepper, turmeric
- 2 tsp. dried parsley
Method for "Rice-ah-Roni":
- Heat the butter over med-high heat in a large, deep skillet with a tight fitting lid. Once it's melted, add the onion and the orzo. Cook, stirring often, until the onion is translucent and the orzo has begun to turn golden.
- Stir in the seasonings and the rice. Cook and stir for another minute or so. Then add in the broth and let it come to a boil.
- Place the lid on and turn the heat to low. Let this cook, covered, without lifting the lid for 17 minutes. Then turn off the heat, but leave the skillet undisturbed with the lid still on for an additional 5 minutes.
- After the 5 minutes are up, remove the lid, add the parsley and fluff with a fork. Serve immediately and enjoy!