Skip to content
Search Results For: popular recipe
By: Ryan Zhou via Cookpad.com
Ingredients of Portobello burger:
- 80 L/20F ground beef
- 2-3 baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 brioche bun
- 2-3 slice Pork jowl bacon
- 2-3 garlic gloves
- White truffle oil
- Olive oil
- 1 slice Provolone cheese
Method for "Portobello burger":
- Preparing the ingredients. Rinse and Slice 3 baby portobello in to slices. Finely Dice 2 garlic cloves. For the burger, portion out a baseball sized meat patty. (Adjust the size base on your appetite). Add salt and pepper and also onion salt (i got mine from trader joes) and reshape the burger into a ball (i use a foreman grill for smash burger). Toss the ball around your hand to form a solid and smooth surface with no cracks. We will need 2-3 slice of pork jowl bacon(don't use normal bacon).
- The portobello saute. In a small pan at medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of butter, 1 tbsp of olive oil, and quarter or half table spoon of truffle oil (depending on your taste). Once the butter is melted and the oil mixture is combined add in the mushrooms and garlic. Let the portobello sit while flipping it a few times in the middle until it shrinks to about half of its original size and are soaked in oil. Remove the mushrooms and garlic to a bowl for later assembly. DON'T THROW THE OIL MIX AWAY.
- The burger. After your grill is hot spray a little bit of cooking oil on it and place the ball shaped patty on to the grill and smash it hard. To about the size of your buns. Let it sit for 2-4 minutes depending how you want your burger cooked. After around 2-4 minutes open the grill and place a slice of provolone cheese on it and let it sit for 2 minute until you start to see the cheese to take shape of the burger but not dripping. Take the burger off the heat and let it sit for later assembly.
- Lastly. Use the same pan you sauteed the portobellos in and turn the heat up to high. And place 2-3 sliced of pork jowl bacon in the pan. Flip the bacon if it start to curl up and let it curl back. Keep this process for about 2-3 times(4-6 flips) until your bacon looks ready. Don't cook the bacon hard because you want a snapping texture when you bite into it. Turn the heat to medium and use the same pan and toast the inside of both the upper and lower bun for around 30 seconds each.
- Assemble the burger from bottom to top. Lower bun, burger with cheese, portobello saute, pork jowl bacon then upper bun. And enjoy.