Skip to content
Search Results For: popular recipe
By: Aswani Vishnuprasad via Cookpad.com
Ingredients of Sooji Halwa:
- 1/2 Cup Sooji or Broken wheat sooji
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Ghee
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 10 Raisins and Cashews
- 1 Banana
Method for "Sooji Halwa":
- Heat half of the ghee in a pan and fry cashews and raisins. Transfer it to a bowl.
- Now add Semolina to the same pan and fry it until it gets a nice aroma.
- Add milk and mix thoroughly to avoid the formation of lumps.
- Cook for about 4 to 5 minutes till the milk gets evaporated properly.
- Then add sugar, half of the banana and cardamom powder.
- Add the remaining ghee in between and keep mixing for about 5 mins. Switch off the flame.
- Finally add the fried cashews and raisins, the remaining half banana. Mix it.
- Moreover, it can be stored in the fridge for 3-4 days.