Skip to content
Search Results For: popular recipe
By: Aswani Vishnuprasad via Cookpad.com
Ingredients of French Fries:
- 2 Russet potato
- as needed Oil for frying
- 1 tbsp Salt
Method for "French Fries":
- Scrub the potatoes under cold running water and peel the skin. Cut the potatoes lengthwise into long 1/2-inch thick batons (sticks).
- Soak potatoes in a large bowl of water for about 30 minutes.
- Pat dry thoroughly with paper towels.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan.
- Add the potatoes in the hot oil for about 5 minutes, stirring and flipping the potatoes occasionally.
- Remove potatoes from oil with a slotted spoon to drain on paper towel and to cool completely.
- Fry the potatoes again until golden brown, 5 to 6 minutes and shake off excess oil.
- Transfer them to a large serving bowl, and sprinkle generously with salt.