Skip to content
Search Results For: popular recipe
By: Beautifulfierysoul via Cookpad.com
Ingredients of Stuffed peppers:
- 5 green peppers, washed, tops cut off & cored
- 2 cans Del Monte spaghetti sauce at Walmart
- 2 rolls of pork sausage, cooked. I used Great Value brand
- Italian Seasoning I did not measure
- Black pepper & salt & garlic powder
- Cooked white rice
- 1 white onion chopped
- Peeled, boiled potatoes to go with as a side
- I usually mash mine up with a fork, add a bit of butter to them
Method for "Stuffed peppers":
- Cut tops off green peppers, core and rinse, dice tops of green peppers, set to the side.
- Dice 1 whole white onion, set to the side
- Spray a slow cooker bottom and sides
- Add 1 whole can of sauce to bottom of slow cooker
- Place peppers into crock pot
- Cook rice, add 1 cup of rice to 2 cups boiling water, add olive oil to the water
- Simmer rice 35 minutes, cover with lid.
- As the rice cooks, cook the sausage & add diced onion & green pepper diced & add seasonings cook til done.
- Add rice to cooked sausage mixture.
- Add half of one can of sauce to sausage mixture, stir.
- Fill peppers with as much sausage & rice filling as you can.
- Put the remaining mixture in between the peppers, filling any gaps.
- Add remaining sauce over top of mixture & peppers
- Cook on high for 5 hours
- Serve hot over or with boiled, smashed with a fork potatoes with butter. Yum!!!