Skip to content
Search Results For: popular recipe
Slow Cooker Bratwurst And Cabbage
Slow Cooker Bratwurst and Cabbage
By: J.A.B. via Cookpad.com
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Bratwurst and Cabbage:
- 1 lb brawurst
- 1 half green cabbage, cleaned and chopped
- 1-2 cups carrots, diced
- 2-3 tsp ground black pepper
- 12 oz apple cider
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 bay leaves
Method for "Slow Cooker Bratwurst and Cabbage":
- In the broiler, cook the bratwurst for 6-8 minutes per side. Remove from the oven, allow to cool, then quarter each link. Set to the side.
- Put half of the cabbage into the slow cooker, add half of the carrots, then half of the sausages. Sprinkle half of the ground black pepper over the mixture. Place the rest of the cabbage, carrots, sausages and pepper, then the two bay leaves into the slow cooker.
- Pour the apple cider and apple cider vinegar into the slow cooker. Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours. After 4 hours, remove the lid to stir. Replace the lid, then cook for the rest of the 4 hours.
- After 4 hours, remove the lid to stir. Replace the lid, then cook for the rest of the 4 hours.