Skip to content
Search Results For: quick and easy dinner recipes
Bacon & Ham Carbonara - Quick & Easy Creamy Pasta
Bacon & Ham Carbonara - quick & easy creamy pasta
By: SpottedByD via Cookpad.com
Ingredients of Bacon & Ham Carbonara - quick & easy creamy pasta:
- 300 g cooked spaghetti or pasta of choice
- 4-5 strips Bacon rashers, coarsely sliced crosswise
- 4-5 strips Ham
- 1 medium red onion, minced
- 1/2 can button mushrooms, halved and sliced
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (reg size) Campbell's Mushroom Soup
- 1/4 bar butter or margarine of choice
- 1 box (small size, 200-300ml) Nestle cream (or similar)
- 1/4 Chicken stock cube or bullion
- to taste White ground pepper
- Dash Knorr or Maggi Liquid seasoning (optional)
- Handful crispy bacon bits (for topping)
Method for "Bacon & Ham Carbonara - quick & easy creamy pasta":
- Note for new cooks: Cook pasta according to package in salted (1tsp) and oiled (few drops) water. Remove and strain 1-2 minutes earlier than package instructions for al dente pasta and set aside. Ideally 100g pasta per person.
- In a non stick sauce pan, cook bacon in medium heat without oil til slightly crisp. Remove bacon, set aside. Drop in sliced ham and cook in the bacon oil.
- Remove ham when cooked. Set aside. In the same pan, lower heat, sautÃ© the onions, then add the garlic. Add the butter or margarine then drop in the sliced mushrooms.
- After a few minutes, add back the cooked bacon and ham. Mix in.
- Pour in the mushroom soup. Increase heat a notch. Mix well until heated through then add the cream and continue mixing.
- Keep stirring for a few more minutes. Then do a taste test for flavour and saltiness. Depending on the type of bacon, ham and mushrooms you used, it may not need any additions.
- Add a couple dashes of white pepper. And if you feel it lacks flavour or saltiness to break through the richness of the cream, ground a 1/4 piece of a Chicken stock cube and sprinkle around the pan. Mix well.
- Taste test with a little pasta- the sauce can be flavourful on its own but can taste lacking if eaten with pasta. If so, adjust accordingly. Add few drops of Knorr seasoning if desired. More pepper, to taste.
- Arrange in serving plates separately (pasta, sauce, & bacon topping) so one has the choice of how much sauce to put on their pasta. :) Note: Combining the sauce and pasta will also lessen its fridge life. So best to separate in case of leftovers. Serves 2-3. For more, just double the amounts.